Gathering points (Introductory Game)
Purpose: get to know something about each other
Groups of up to 26
- Distribute strips of paper
- Ask each participant to write (in LARGE letters) one description about themselves or someone else in the room (eg likes to sing in the bath; speaks 3 languages)
- Collect strips of paper; read out and stick on different parts of the wall (enlist help for this).
- Go from one characteristic to the other; ask participants who fit the description to gather under the sign and have a brief conversation.
Call out the next description and so on until all have been read. Do this quite quickly!
- Ask participants to gather under the one sign / descriptor that most describes them (ie make them choose!)
Allow for a few moments of conversation
- Request participants to go back to their chairs; sit down .
- De-brief: Ask questions such as:
- What was I like to be one in a large crowd / stand alone?
- What do the descriptors say about this group?
- What other descriptors would you like to add? (have a show of hands for these) How is it useful to know about these things?