Welcome to the â€˜Traditions of Popular Educationâ€™ site!
The project â€˜Traditions of Popular Educationâ€™ seeks to inspire alternative forms of education provision that benefit working class and poor people.
What you will find here are:
- Information on organisations that currently offer popular education in South Africa and links to their websites
- links to organisations dealing with popular education in other parts of the world
- a library of documents, visual, auditory and print information about past and present popular education practices and practitioners
- news about up-and coming popular education events, information on campaigns that draw on popular education, latest publications and recently launched materials and resources
- links to bibliographies and reading materials on popular education
- â€˜toolsâ€™ that include course outlines, activities dealing with particular topics, visual materials that can be used as codes or illustrations
- pictures from events
- a â€˜blog-spotâ€™ where you can contribute to debates and dialogue on matters pertaining to popular education
Please give us feed-back on how to make this site more user-friendly and useful!